Sunday, May 15, 2016

"Twinkle, twinkle, artificial star...


Twilight in the Land of Enchantment (outside my back door). 2016, DS
(Click to enlarge.)

... how I wonder what you are.
Wandering the sky so high,
Like a drone or dragonfly..."

No, that's not the real nursery song... but, it may as well be the 21st Century version. Not just my version, thank you; apparently others are seeing a similar phenomenon, too. Which is why I've decided to write a separate post about my "red star" sightings, as opposed to continuing my report in the body of my last post (as originally planned).

__________________________________


"Discerning UFO researchers have noted the failure of "nuts and bolts" hypotheses to adequately address the weirdness that accompanies so many UFO-related events, calling the conventional interpretation of UFOs as spacecraft into serious question. Sizing up the phenomenon from the early 21st century, it would seem that visiting ETs could do a much better job at concealing their presence if they truly desired. Far from constituting a paradox, this begs us to reconsider the motives of a truly alien intelligence, even is that means casting away much of the ufological conventional wisdom (to say nothing of SETI dogma) in the process."
- Mac Tonnies via the 2009 Posthuman Blues post UFOs: Why no "open contact"?

__________________________________


I wish Mac were here. No, I mean, I really, really wish Mac was here... especially a few days ago, when I had a regular "red star" flap in the skies outside my back door. Not that anyone would notice it was a "flap". In fact, I bet anyone seeing them wouldn't remark on them at all. They'd just assume that some of the stars looked particularly "sparkly" in the sky that night. That is unless, after hours had passed, they happened to notice one or more of the "stars" suddenly fly away in their strange, slow, silent, meandering way... very similar to the two this Canadian guy videotaped (below the jump).




Notice how the video is entitled "The 'disco ball' star that EVERYONE is talking about." It was shot in 2012. Meaning, this phenomenon is not new, nor my discovery... but, judging by the comments on the Youtube page, no one has yet to figure out what it is. Of course, there are the "experts" who immediately site examples of different stars... 

But, no, Virginia, they are not stars.

Anyway, during my last sighting I saw five of them in different parts of the sky - appearing somewhat more distant than the first - plus one larger, brighter, orange-colored one meandering slowly above the horizon. As you can see by my photo of the area (top), there's nothing about the landscape which would seem to demand much attention.

Basically, I could see them from my living room window and, although I didn't watch them non-stop, I did check on them intermittently for a period of about an hour and a half. Two of them flew way at one point towards the end while I watched, and, as silly as it seems, it's almost as if they wanted me to know they weren't stars. 

Oh, and as the film maker mentions during the course of his video: there is something creepy about them. In other words, I haven't seen any for the past 2 nights, and I'm somewhat relieved. It isn't so much that the idea of "aliens" bothers me so much as the idea of being silently surveyed by anything, up to and including Big Brother. In this case, it's the things you don't know and can't identify that unnerve you.

BTW, I've found a few few forum threads about mysterious red stars... one in which their light is described as "scintillating." This description is spot-on. Apparently people are seeing them in red and other colors as well. In any case, the threads are found here, here, and here.

And, that's about it really. I will not bring up the subject again unless I have video footage of my own to back me up. Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this footage... a clip of the old (1969) film Easy Rider, and one of Jack Nicholson's earliest shining moments in cinematic history. ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment