Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mac on Number Enigmas


"Lately, whenever I look at a digital clock, I usually see either 1:11 or 11:11, sometimes with the digits interspersed with zeroes. This started not long after reading about my friend Peter Gersten's experiences -- which suggests that the phenomenon is either genuine and literally contagious or else a potent, if inadvertant, mind-fuck."

- Mac Tonnies, PHB post 2/27/08


Without trying to get creepy or morbid - arguably I already am - it's interesting to note that Mac died in October of 2009... which, numerically is 10/2009, or, broken down in numerological terms: 1/11. (in numerology, the numbers #11 and #22 are not broken down further.)

Coincidence? Yes, probably. Numerology is relative... a lot like "statistical evidence" - it just depends on how you crunch the numbers and what point you're trying to "prove".

Then again, I had a friend who had the same sort of digital experience as Mac, only her number was 5:5:5... Which, in her case was even weirder, as she died May 5, 1994... Breaking this down in the same way we get: 5/5/5.

My number is 2:2:2. Frankly, I don't want to know.

No comments: